Wednesday, January 16, 2013

You gotta be tough to live in Russia. Even if you're a cat. Here's a picture I took on my way to work this morning of some stray cats that live near my building. They are always outside, even when it was -25F (I don't know how their paws didn't freeze from being in contact with the frigid ground), although it looks like they can go through a little window that is always open to get inside the basement of the apartment building. People frequently leave food out for stray animals, and you can see the food that someone put out for these felines. We actually feed a big group of stray cats that lives around the American Home, and our director even takes these stray cats to the vet and has found homes for many of the kittens. Still, it's a rough life out on the mean (and cold) streets of Vladimir, especially if you're only 10 inches tall. 


1 comment:

  1. Cats are 10 inches tall? I'm more of a dog person myself...I think cats are better suited for the wild...they are such fickle things

    ReplyDelete