Thursday, March 21, 2013

I went to the Piknik concert with a couple of my coworkers tonight, and it was awesome. I'm very tired and am getting up early tomorrow to go speak to a class of 10-year-olds (my friend invited me as a guest to his last day of student teaching), so I'm going to make this quick. The concert was in a nice hall--not your standard rock concert venue, but, then again, this isn't a standard rock concert. Piknik is a legendary group with its own very unique style, and it would be hard to exactly put Piknik into any particular genre of music. I really like Piknik's haunting sound and intriguing lyrics. They played for about an hour and a half to a packed house. Some musicians are very talkative during their concerts, and some aren't. Piknik is definitely the latter type; the lead singer said all of about three phrases during the concert ("здравствуйте," "перерыв 15 минут," "спасибо"). But the audience loves loves the group regardless, and everybody was standing and dancing and clapping by the end of the concert. Here are some pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment