Thursday, August 23, 2012


This song, which I first heard at a Russian festival this summer, has been stuck in my head now for a few days after I heard again it on TV. So I'll share it. It's by the band B-2 and is called The Eternal Shadowy Counter (counter as in someone who counts down to, in this case, death). It's a very dark, very Russian song, and it sounds really cool. Here is an approximate (and very unpoetic) translation of the lyrics: 

I am not myself, my trace is lost
I fell headfirst into the sands of time
Fell to the bottom, and the metronome counts in silence.

While everyone is waiting for the arrival of the truth
A white lie sounds more sincere
It doesn't hide, and temptation and poison torture my soul.

I did everything and abandoned everything
In my game there are almost no rules
And my hero doesn't hold the line and asks for trouble.

I got rid of dreams and revelations
In the hands of fate lies my salvation
My patience has been threaded completely naked through the needle.

Chorus:
Eternal shadowy counter
Will save me everyday story of all religions
Devoted to me and for me devoted
And fully experienced with birth and death in every moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment