Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It feels great to be totally isolated from all the blather and insult hurling of election season in America, but occasionally some election news filters over here to Russia. The other morning, I was watching the news before I left for work, and just as I was about to turn the TV off, Mitt Romney's face flashed across the screen. I won't betray my political leanings, although I must say I was hoping for some good (bad) news. Anyway, Mitt's comment about planes needing windows that open was the centerpiece of a little story about the US elections. This story was complete with a cartoon depiction of the real scientific reasons that plane windows don't open and was rounded out with a few clips from old movies of flight attendants getting sucked out of holes and open windows in planes. And having seen on Russian TV what in US would be considered a mild political attack ad, I went off to work with a little smile that surely was completely baffling to all the morose passengers on the bus. Thanks for that Mitt....   

No comments:

Post a Comment