Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Peanut butter! I can't sum up in words how much I miss it; I will try anyway. One of the other teachers expressed to her students her dissatisfaction with the fact that you simply can't buy decent (or really any) peanut butter in Russia. This student happened to go to America a few weeks ago and remembered our frustration with the unavailability of this byproduct of George Washington Carver's best invention. We cracked into one of the jars today, and my mouth started watering uncontrollably when I smelled that fabulously peanuty aroma. There just isn't peanut butter or really any other peanut products in Russia, and, for someone who plowed through about a jar a week of PB in college (if I ever need triple bypass surgery you will know why), that is a huge problem. So, if anyone out there wants to pick me up a jar, I love the Simply Jiff crunchy peanut butter (little bit less far, one gram more protein per serving--ya I know that off the top of my head). Let me know, and I'll send you my mailing address. Maybe I'll send you back a jar of pickles; that's one thing where Russia has the US beat.  

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely will send you a jar of peanut butter...Jiffy it is...do you like extra crunchy kind? I love it!

    And please no pickles...i hate pickles. You can cook me some Russian meal when you are back state side :)

    Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I didn't see this comment (my bad!). I guess I won't send any pickles then--I'll just make some holodets when I get back haha.

    ReplyDelete