Thursday, June 6, 2013

In a lot of ways, I live a pretty luxurious life for a college graduate. A lot of my peers have jobs with inhuman hours (like 9-5). They have to get up before--well--9am. Gross. My work schedule is still pretty college. My work day starts at noon, and I work until 9:30pm. That's pretty late, but did I mention that I only work three days a week in this six-week summer semester? Ya, that's pretty nice. My Tuesdays and Thursdays are free, although I usually find myself going in to work at least for a little bit.

It will be a little bit of a rough change to go back to a regular, adult schedule, but I have a little time before that happens. I've told a lot of people but never written it here on the blog that I decided to stay and work in Vladimir for one more year. So, I guess I could change the name to Vladimir for Another Year. Or not. I really enjoy being here, although I miss home and America like hell. I plan to come back in May of 2014, which will make for a whopping 20 months outside of the United States. I do sometimes think, that, under the original plan, I would be going home in a month, and I have to say that sounds pretty good (I could get some food with flavor!). But I know that this next year will be a new set of opportunities, challenges, and adventures, and, in the grand scheme of things, two years isn't very long. Shoot, I back in college considered joining the Peace Corps after graduation, and that's 27 months in a place that likely is a lot more remote than Vladimir.

Anyway, I have a difficult day off consisting of a work out and then--well I haven't decided what comes after my work out yet. Ya, life's rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment