Monday, June 10, 2013

This last weekend I was in Moscow for a friend's birthday, which was a great time. I had some time to kill yesterday while waiting for my train back to Vladimir, so I strolled around the center of the city. I found some very cool neighborhoods of Moscow that are a little off the beaten path and that defy the stereotype that Moscow is a big, loud, dirty megalopolis. One of my favorite things about Moscow is finding little out-of-the-way neighborhoods, parks, and cafes. I even found a burrito place, which, despite the use of a strange cheese sauce on my burrito, was probably the closest thing to Chipotle in Russia. After being in Vladimir, Moscow felt like the cultural center of the world. The people on the street are diverse ethnically and in their style of dress, and the buildings are gorgeous compared with the standard Soviet-era buildings in Vladimir. Here are some pictures from my wanderings in Moscow:










No comments:

Post a Comment