Tuesday, July 2, 2013

End of School Year

It's hard to believe that my classes are over. My colleagues and I made it through a 10-month school year at the American Home, and, in general, it went very well. I now know how to describe the use of the present perfect so that non-native speakers of English can understand, which is pretty cool because I hadn't heard of the present perfect (or any other English verb tense) a year ago. I have to say that hardest day I had was the first time I taught the difference between "before" and "until." I had no idea how to answer all my students' questions, and was struggling to find a decent explanation (I got it down in my next two semesters).

We had a farewell lunch last week. My colleagues are gradually leaving; some have left already, more will leave in the next few days. I'm staying here in Russia for my five-week vacation (we start working again on August 8). My family is coming to visit, and I imagine I'll do some traveling and a lot of relaxing here in Vladimir. Here's a shot of the lunch table in the backyard of the American Home:


No comments:

Post a Comment